Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shooting the moon....part 1

So my last assignment for Kent Weakley's night photography
eClass and I think I went a little moon crazy....I've been shooting
the moon for a week now in preparation for the big night and
what happens....Clouds, clouds, clouds. I did get some
shots from downtown before the clouds moved in and the moon
disappeared completely but let's begin with a week ago....


The quarter moon...F/11, 1/50 sec, ISO 100
My main goal was to shoot the moon with details and I was
quite happy with this shot until I figured out I forgot to
zero out my camera settings and my white balance
...hence the blue moon but I got details!!!

Waxing Gibbous...F/8, 1/125, ISO 100
My day shot...moonrise


Waxing Gibbous...f/11, 1/100, ISO 100
Night shot 7:27pm


Blue hour and the moon....finally!!! This took me about
4 nights of trying. Caught the roofline too! I really thought
the moon would be over the roof and once I set up my tripod
and realized blue hour was happening I had no time to
reajust and just started shooting.

Blue hour....all this work in preparation for the full moon
and let me just say I must have taken a total of 300 shots
in the last week to get the shots I was happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment