Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

First Quarter Moon...

I've been taking Kent Weakley's Night Photography eClass on blue hour and shooting the moon. Next weeks assignment is to shoot the moon the night before the full moon as it rises at the same time the sun sets with daylight still in the sky. Well, I'm a week early because I have to test out my skills before the big night so I've decided to start shooting. I have to say this is my first time actually shooting the moon with my camera and not my Iphone....that tells you what my skills were before this class and I get to test out my zoom lens for the first time! Here we go...the first quarter moon.


F/13, 1 sec, ISO 100
My first attempt and I was hoping to capture the details of the moon and blue hour at the same time but the moon was too bright. Not sure if I needed a filter. Yes, this is me going rogue and not following directions.

F/11, 2 sec, ISO 100
My second attempt and details are still blown out but I do like this shot because if you look really close you can see the left side of the moon in Earth's shadow.


F/11, 1/50 sec, ISO 100
My third attempt and this was me actually following the information given to us during our eClass on shooting the moon and we have details...YAY... but I really wanted details and blue hour....love the details though!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment