Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Compassion


    This morning we wake up to the news of Brittany Maynard's death and I feel such sadness for her husband and family, but also disgust at the lack of compassion and judgment from others.  Not only did her family have to deal with watching this beautiful young woman die painfully from brain cancer and her ultimate death, but they also have to deal with the ugly wrath of those that think they have the right to judge her decision. I'm not one to get into religious or political debates but this just tugs at my heart. I've seen so many comments that have condemned Brittany for taking her life and I can't fathom how anyone feels they have the right to judge her. I don't claim to know the bible inside out and I don't push my religion on anyone but I am a Christian and I know that my God is a forgiving God. I know that only God truly knows the pain we go through and how much we can take. I know that my God forgives our sins. No one should pull out specific quotes from the bible and throw out condemnations at anyone. John 8:7 "He that is without sin among you, let him be the first to cast a stone at her." Brittany Maynard made a choice, and it was her choice to make and I wish nothing but compassion and peace for her family during this difficult time.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment